If you haven’t decided to develop a morning ritual for yourself, I’d strongly suggest you consider creating one.
Morning rituals can be as simple as a 10 minute process or as complex as an hour long process (focusing on the physical, mental, emotional, intuitive, and spirit).
The idea is to set the tone and rhythm of your day. I’d suggest at least two critical concepts:
- Journaling: Write first thing in the morning, an ask yourself:
- What am I thankful for this morning?
- What can I do to move forward with my purpose or passion today?
- Who do I need contact today to give or gain support?
- Add a breathing practice to your morning ritual. This can be as basic as breathing deeply in and out of your nose with a slight pause at the top and bottom of the breath or as complex as an app-driven box breathing practice (try Unbeatable LLC’s app).
Finally, if you have some basic yoga movements to warm the body and lubricate the joints is a big plus. In the end, you’ll find that the morning practice becomes a powerful ally in authoring a productive and meaningful day. Good luck and walk in peace.